Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a great holiday season!  I only made it to 10:30 last night but plan to celebrate the new year up right this morning.

I'm not going to lie, last year was a very difficult year for us. By November not only had I lost the desire to write, I lost the desire to read. I was pretty stressed and overwhelmed but a little bit of time taking a step back has really helped. I'm feeling that itchy twitchy need to curl my fingers around a pencil or pound them into the keyboard. I can't wait for everyone to go back to school and work so I can get writing again. 

The year went out with a bang. Despite the fact that each of us had had a flu shot four of the five of us got the flu over Christmas. Not our most festive holiday ever but we're well on our way to recovery.

Also, right at the end of the year The Engineer recieved a job offer and we decided to accept. Which means

WE'RE MOVING!

We're heading out to the Denver Colorado area as soon as we can sell the house.  We're simultaneously excited and terrified. But it also means that there will be time in the future when everything is packed up that I'll be unplugged. I'm sure I'll keep you posted.

Yep, life will continue to be busy, but I'm sticking around for a bit. I'd love to hear how everyone is doing. Drop a comment and let me know what's up with you!

3 comments:

  1. A new year and a new adventure... how awesome for you, Sarah. Can't wait to hear all about the trip, the job, the new city. Yay for you!!!

    I have no idea what our future owns. I've learned not to look ahead too far. So, I suppose this year is an even better time to focus on today and to accept tomorrow.

    Hope all your dreams are smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Sarah. Glad you're feeling better. We moved last year, too. Big adjustment but life slowly got back to normal. We still have things in boxes that I should probably throw out. All the best with everything this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! Glad you're recovering. And ooh, good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete