Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Inspiration from elementary school

The other day after school my son told me about one of his writing assignments in class. "Actually," he told me, "I was supposed to do it the other day, but I didn't get it done because I couldn't think of a sentence good enough to start. But today it was easy and I wrote lots."

Apparently beginnings are always hard, no matter your age or what you're writing.

The thing that impressed me was that he was able to put it aside when he was blocked and come back at another time and figure out what to say. It was great inspiration to me. If something isn't working put it aside. Come back another time. Maybe the time apart will jiggle free some ideas. Maybe I couldn't think of anything because of stress or preoccupation. Whatever the reason, I can just go about living and try again later, rather than beating myself up. 

For a third grader, he's pretty smart.


6 comments:

  1. I agree with your son's approach. Sometimes a break is all we need to refresh our creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that he figured out this wisdom so young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. satta king

    satta Matka

    satta Matka You may also find out that a chiropractor at all. Your physician might have other suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your personal finance is very important. Make sure that you end up with more money then you started with. It is very common for people to overspend, and before they realize what is happening they end up with a mountain of debt. So make sure you are bringing in more than you are taking out.satta king
    play bazaar
    satta matka

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you like to enjoy a cup of coffee here and there, consider purchasing a Keurig brewing machine instead of a traditional coffee maker. These devices let you make just one cup and offer a wide selection of coffee flavors. There are various makers to pick from that have various features.
    Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete